- Shop by Materials
- A Children's Taste of African Heritage Teacher's Curriculum
A Children's Taste of African Heritage is:
- A seven-part lesson plan designed to bring the African Heritage Diet Pyramid to life children ages 8 through 12 and their parents or guardians. It allows participants to discover the major foods of the pyramid and to learn basic cooking skills and some simple, healthy recipes.
- An introduction to the vibrant history, culture, and nutrition of African heritage foods.
- An experimental guide to easily adapting African heritage eating patterns to modern life.
- A plant-based curriculum that purposefully teaches about the foods--and the preparation of them--recommended most by the African Heritage Diet Pyramid.
This black and white illustrated teacher's curriculum is used by our volunteer teachers to lead our seven-week A Children's Taste of African Heritage cooking series based on the Oldways African Heritage Diet Pyramid.
The companion student handbook: A Children's Taste of African Heritage Student Handbook is sold separately.
About This Handbook
This is the teacher's handbook of the Oldways A Children's Taste of African Heritage curriculum. It is a *NEW EDITION*, updated in 2020 with:
- a newly revised, engaging design,
- physical activities that meet the national standards for K-12 Physical Education, and
- content aligned with Common Core standards.
8 1/2” x 11”. 121 pages. The cover is printed in color, the inside pages are printed in black and white.
After you place your order, a member of the Oldways staff will contact you with an agreement form which explains the proper use of the curriculum, along with other information about teaching the class. Your handbook will be mailed to you when we receive the signed agreement form.