Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 3 - 50 and pay only $190.00 each
A Children's Taste of African Heritage Student Handbook is a companion volume to the Oldways A Children's Taste of African Heritage Teacher’s curriculum. The Student Handbook for A Children's Taste of African Heritage is part of this curriculum. After you place your order, a member of the Oldways staff will contact you with an agreement form which explains the proper use of the curriculum, along with other information about teaching the class. Your handbook will be mailed to you when we receive the signed agreement form.
Student handbooks are sold in packages of 15 so that each student in a A Children's Taste of African Heritage cooking class can receive a copy.
A Children's Taste of African Heritage is:
- A seven-part series of lessons designed to bring the African Heritage Diet Pyramid to life children ages 8 through 12 and their parents or guardians. It allows participants to discover the major foods of the pyramid and to learn basic cooking skills and some simple, healthy recipes.
- An introduction to the vibrant history, culture, and nutrition of African heritage foods.
- An experimental guide to easily adapting African heritage eating patterns to modern life.
- A plant-based curriculum that purposefully teaches about the foods--and the preparation of them--recommended most by the African Heritage Diet Pyramid.
The book includes seven main sections:
Lesson 1: African Heritage
Lesson 2: Herbs & Spices
Lesson 3: Green
Lesson 4: Whole Grains
Lesson 5: Beans & Rice
Lesson 6: Tubers & Mashes
Lesson 7: Fruits, Vegetables & Healthy Lifestyles
Size: 81/2” X 11”, 60 pages. 9 recipes.
The cover is in color, the pages are printed in black and white.
Order 3 or more sets, and the price per set is only $190!
Note: Shipping for this item is free!
About the African Heritage Diet
The African Heritage Diet is a way of eating based on the healthy food traditions of people with African roots. This healthy way of eating is powerfully nutritious and delicious, and naturally meets the guidelines experts recommend for supporting good health.
Learn more about the African Heritage Diet in our A Taste of African Heritage (ATOAH) cooking classes! Find a class near you in our class directory, or sign up for more information about becoming a teacher. Anyone can get certiﬁed to spread the word about this healthy and delicious lifestyle!