A Children's Taste of African Heritage Student Handbook (15 copies)
A Children's Taste of African Heritage (ACTOAH) is:
- A seven-part series of lessons designed to bring the African Heritage Diet Pyramid to life children ages 8 through 12 and their parents or guardians. It allows participants to discover the major foods of the pyramid and to learn basic cooking skills and some simple, healthy recipes.
- An introduction to the vibrant history, culture, and nutrition of African heritage foods.
- An experimental guide to easily adapting African heritage eating patterns to modern life.
- A plant-based curriculum that purposefully teaches about the foods--and the preparation of them--recommended most by the African Heritage Diet Pyramid
About This Handbook
This handbook is a companion volume to the Oldways A Children's Taste of African Heritage Teacher’s curriculum. It is a *NEW EDITION*, updated in 2020 with:
- a newly revised, engaging design,
- physical activities that meet the national standards for K-12 Physical Education, and
- content aligned with Common Core standards.
Details: 8 1/2” X 11”. 60 pages. 9 recipes. The cover is printed in color, the inside pages are printed in black and white.
Student handbooks are sold in bundles of 15 so that each student in a ACTOAH cooking class can receive a copy.
You will see a discounted price in your cart if you order 3 bundles (45 books) or more.
Note: Shipping for this item is included in the price.
After you place your order, a member of the Oldways staff will contact you with an agreement form which explains the proper use of the curriculum, along with other information about teaching the class. Your handbook will be mailed to you when we receive the signed agreement form.