Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 50 or above and pay only $10.99 each
Excite and educate the children in your life about choosing, eating, and preparing food that is good for them with a Good for Me Gift Set!
Gift set includes:
- 1 Children's Small Tshirt silk-screened with the phrase "Vote with your fork for a sustainable future" (white shirt/green print)
- 1 Good for Me Cookbook
About the Good for Me Cookbook
Brought to you by the National Black Child Development Institute (NBCDI) and Oldways, the culturally relevant Good for Me cookbook focuses on promoting positive nutrition for children and their families, and is particularly inclusive of children of color. The cookbook is designed to engage children in healthy eating by introducing them to a diverse range of fruits and vegetables - from Avocados to Zucchini. There are 26 recipes (one for each letter of the alphabet), all kid-tested and approved. Most of the dishes are inspired by African heritage, using staple ingredients from Africa, South America, the Caribbean and the American South. The rest are inspired by Mediterranean and Asian cuisines.
The book is suitable for children ages 3-12 years old.
Each recipe includes:
- A description of the fruit or vegetable
- Nutritional analysis
- Skill and knowledge-building activities: culture and geography, science, math, sensory and language
- Questions and conversation starters
Oldways resources included: African heritage pantry staples, African heritage diet grocery list, and the African heritage diet pyramid.
74 pages. 8.5" x 11". Spiral-bound.